*Fluency in both Japanese and English is required*
OMS (Operations Management System) engineer will be the person to coordinate and work closely with Operation team and IT team to prepare the required environment to put OMS and other standards systems in place.
- Ensuring all operational and performance tracking / management tools aspects for a successful deployment of performance tracking tools/systems are in place or planned in detail prior to and during the readiness and implementation phase, Tools include but are not limited to; Performance management systems, resource planning solutions, Smart Mobile device applications and various dashboards etc.
- Deliver consistent implementations across each assigned site within the region to ensure each site within the program scope has a standard DSC performance tracking/management solution.
- Work with IT to establish the integration/extract from source systems (i.e. Warehouse Management System / T&A systems.)
- Work with IT to ensure all necessary hardware is in place for the implementation (i.e. Printers, PCs, Scanners)
- Complete an analysis of the data to highlight and detail areas where source systems are not providing data in the correct format or detail.
- Define, analyze and then map all effective processes in detail in preparation for application of standards
- Creation of warehouse/location mapping where applicable to a sufficient level of detail ensuring future flexibility to enable effective maintenance whilst providing the platform for accurate standards to be built.
- Deliver effective training and knowledge transfer to site users and others on use of the performance tracking tools/systems, interpretation, maintenance and issue resolution.
- Share your experience and best practices between sites to improve engineering standards.
- In case of discrete standards define the detailed requirements, by job or task for Industrial engineering. Completing the required work studies or manage a contractor accordingly.
- Driver effective utilization of various OMS (Operating Management system) data system application and tools resulting in delivering value for the operation as well as wider business.
- Incorporate Lessons Learned from previous implementations.
- Document areas of opportunity either in process or equipment and share with site teams.
- Highlight and escalate any slippage or changes to the implementation plan on site in order to action appropriate measures.
- Highlight and define any interface or DHL Link work that may be required. Additionally, should any WMS modifications be required, highlight the requirements to IT and site manager
- Ensure that any risks and lessons learned are appropriately captured and communicated to regional OMS team
- Conduct health checks in line with sustainability models to ensure success of implementation
Required past experience
- Very Strong operational background in the supply chain industry
- Experience in Performance Management, productivity and Industrial Engineering highly desirable
- Very system literate and process thinker
- Experience working within supply chain operations is essential for this role
- Experience in a manufacturing/operational environment is needed
- Industrial engineering experience
- Experience of cross functional working with operations and functions (IT/ Eng) across of various countries may be desirable in some Regions
- Experience with OMS and/or performance tracking/labor management tools in the Region is desirable
Skills / Qualifications
- The role holder must be dynamic and goal orientated; enabling local teams to work accordingly to the regional plans
- The ability to influence without authority is required strongly / significantly in this role
- The role holder must act self-initiative but understand the role as an integrated team role
- Experience is needed to collaborate with ops managers across all levels within a country
- Solid experience of Industrial Engineering and IT
- Strong in Process understanding and LEAN approach
- Japanese: Fluent
- English: Fluent