SCM Project Manager
*Fluency in both Japanese and English is required*
- Responsible for assembling a project team, assigning individual responsibilities and identifying appropriate resources needed.
- Using the DePict (Define, Plan, Implement, Control, Transition )Methodology, the Project Manager will plan and coordinate all activities across multiple operational and functional groups for projects undertaken by the business.
- Ensure the project delivers the objectives as outlined in the Project Charter.
- Prepare the project plans, identify and resolve issues that occur, control scope, communicate project progress to all interested stakeholders and establish working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the project success.
- Translate project requirements into project objectives and tasks and lead the overall project control, status
- Utilize suggested project management process and methodologies
- Identify risks to the success of the project
- Contribute to managing the budget and reporting progress of the project on an ongoing basis
- Implement and manage the communications plan
- Use the DePict Methodology. Using MS Project ,prepare a project plan. Hold weekly regular project update meetings.
- Identify and control the issues on the project for a satisfactory outcome. Use the DePict Issues Log.
- Communicate the progress of the project to all stakeholders(internal and external)
- Identify and control the risks of the project. Prepare and manage risk mitigation plans when necessary.
- Manage the budget of the project. Resolve all spending issues.
- Manage the scope of the project. Document scope changes and gain approval by required parties.
- Motivate the project team to accomplish the tasks as outlined and manage change.
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the team structure.
- Function as a subject matter expert in area where the PM has expertise(ie: automation, specific IT systems, inventory control, etc.)
- Document the project and archive all relevant documents once the project closes.
- Manage the resources of the project.
Managing internal and external stakeholders for successful delivery of the project
Skills / Qualifications
- Project delivers agreed to objectives as outlined on the project charter.
- Project is delivered on time as outlined on the project plan, including agreed to changes.
- Project is delivered on budget, including scope changes.
- Effective working relationships can be determined.
- Obtains Accreditation where required. Technical competencies can be demonstrated.
- Project risks are managed to product desired results.
- DePict Methodology is consistently applied.
- Competency in Business English
- Proficiency in MS Project or other accepted software.
- Communication skills are adequate to manage the project.
- Japanese / English Fluent level
Expected years of experience (Minimum)