Are you passionate about working with data, driven to dive deep and automation, and eager to make broad business impact?
Are you interested in building business intelligence solutions from the ground up to drive strategic direction as one of the founding members in a newly established team?
The Japan Consumer Innovation organization is looking for an experienced, driven, and customer-centric senior business intelligence engineer to join the new central business intelligence team. You will play a key role to support high impact products/programs across the broader JP Consumer business with data and business intelligence solutions that will step change customer and vendor experiences in the rapidly evolving e-commerce business. An ideal candidate will be logical, innovative, flexible, relentless in ensuring data quality and reliability, is a life-long learner and will love to work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams empowering them to provide deep insights to drive action and success for the entire organization.
Your key responsibilities include:
· Build and deliver high quality data architecture in partnership with data engineers to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting and analysis needs.
· Own the design and development of metrics, reports, and dashboards to drive key business decisions across multiple programs in partnership with product managers and business leaders.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating and simplifying scalable self-service support for customers.
· Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues.
· Recommend improvements to backend data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
· Drive partnerships with technical teams and business stakeholders across in Japan and worldwide.
· Learn and understand a broad range of our data resources and tools and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or related field.
· Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports.
· Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized OLAP SQL queries across large data sets.
· Hands-on experience using large-scale data sets from complex multiple sources including the capability of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
· Good working knowledge of data modeling, database and data warehousing concepts.
· Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI, Microstrategy).
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, and respond flexibly to changes in a very fast paced, international environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate insights effectively to both business and technical audience.
· Business level English (written and verbal).
· Master’s Degree in a relevant technical field.
· Familiar with columnar database like Redshift, Vertica etc.
· Familiarity with AWS data solutions such as EMR, Athena, S3, and Redshift.
· Experience architecting large scale BI solutions from scratch.
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, etc.).
· Business level Japanese (written and verbal).
· Experience working in a large scale high-growth technology company is highly beneficial.