Do you want to be part of the exciting development in Music? You are enthusiastic about managing challenging projects across multiple teams and locations? You are comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to make decisions and build business cases?
We are looking for a high-performing, collaborative, results oriented and technologically savvy Senior Product Manager, located in Tokyo. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for building product roadmap and owning range from localizing global product/feature launches to defining local business requirements of unique product features. Thus, this role is expected to have deep understanding of customers, business and technologies, to roll up his/her own sleeves to propose improvements and enhancements to stakeholders and to be committed to delivering results by giving great customer experience to customers. You will partner with the engineering teams in the United States and cross functional business team in Japan to launch products/features. Have yourself join us to drive the dramatic change in how people in our country relate to music everyday!
- Key responsibilities include:
· Design product strategy and vision through data analysis and customer research.
· Build product roadmap and create buy-in for product vision with both internal and external key stakeholders.
· Work closely with engineers in United States and cross-functional business team in Japan to deliver innovative products/features.
· Lead project planning with key global stakeholders concurrently with project delivery.
· Become a single point of contact for any product related topics and liaising local functional teams and the product management team in the U.S.
· Develop crisp business requirements that can be used to define product specifications and design.
· Run a regular business review with senior leaders across departments and own business reporting.
- · Bachelor’s degree required.
· Superior communication skills in English, written and verbal. Japanese is a must.
*The scope of this role includes Alexa related voice features, so we are looking for somebody with native level of Japanese in order to complete such works.
· 5+ years of Product Management, engineering, or relevant experience in a related industry.
· Proven track record of successful product ownership and multiple consumer product and feature launches.
· Multiple years of experience in a marketing/product or project management role or in consulting in a leading consumer products company.
· Substantial experiences defining complex business and technical product requirements.
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
· Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
· Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas are highly welcome:
- · MBA preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
· Has collaborative mindsets and respect teamwork.
· Drives towards continuous innovation.
· Ability to think big and to inspire passion in others.
· Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.