I seeking a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst who provides BI support to business teams in JP Seller Services: product/program managers, sales managers and leadership team. The ideal candidate will be excited about pulling data from large scale database, building metrics that are relevant to the focus of programs, automating reporting of the metrics, diving deep into data to understand customer/seller pain points and gain insights, as well as to find opportunities for growth.
· Work with business partners (Product/Program/Sales Managers) from multiple project areas and define analytical approach for the analysis required in each area. This includes translating complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements.
· Derive business insights from analysis and make recommendations and suggestions.
· Drive to the heart of the problems and identify root causes.
· Proactively identify problems with significant business impact and create actionable priorities.
· Develop weekly/monthly/quarterly curve of annual goals using historical data.
· Build comprehensive reports to track business/project performance (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly) and help business partners identify what is working/not-working.
· Build metrics tables for business review documents.
· Extract data from Redshift databases and serve internal customers mainly business partners.
· Work with a central BI team in US and India to align on metrics definitions and centralization projects.
· Audit data and work with data owners to guarantee data fidelity.
- The individual must be able to:
· Extract data from multiple large scale Redshift databases using efficient queries.
· Develop automated reports in Excel and Tableau.
· Translate large amount of data into useful information.
· Interact with stakeholders from multiple project areas effectively.
· Deal with ambiguity and in a fast paced environment.
· Read business documents written in English to understand the business, Write paragraphs in English to outline the details of analysis, insights and recommendations.
Various Working System for Work Life Harmony：
We believe that it is important to spend private time such as spending time with your family or doing anything you like to spur innovation. Our promotes a fulfilling and flexible work style according to the work volume and lifestyle of each employee. (Example: Flex Time, Work From Home, Maternity /Parenting /Family Care Leave etc.)
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
· Candidates must be fluent in both Japanese and English
· Experience in data mining/analysis, working extensively in large scale databases and data warehouses (6+ years)
· Experience in advanced SQL operations (6+ years, Redshift preferred)
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Strong analytical skills with a bias towards understanding customer behavior
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· BA/BS degree
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· 5+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Business Intelligence, Analytics or Consulting in an e-commerce environment or related field.