Our client is looking for a junior Java developer to join their multicultural team.
They're looking for innovative thinkers with a hunger to expand their knowledge, who can help drive culture change for Agility! Our ideal candidate is a team player who will:
• Work with users to refine requirements, design and develop high-quality and scalable systems, and assist users during the QA/UAT process.
• Revamp existing application stack and migrate to Microservices using containers.
• Develop new Microservices: API integration, Development using Java 8, J2EE, Spring.
• Write and understand complex SQL queries PostgreSQL and MySQL statements.
• Help in developing performance testing, capacity testing, and regression testing in continuous integration environments.
• Help drive code reviews and contribute key cross-functional architecture decisions.
• Enjoy building beautiful software!
Our ideal candidate has:
✓ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
✓ 3-5 years of Experience in software development in Java (Java 8, Spring) and Scala (Play, Slick, Cats).
✓ Experience in architecting, developing, or maintaining production-grade solutions in virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
✓ Experience working with continuous integration tools like Jenkins/Bamboo, Hudson, Maven, etc.
✓ Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to innovate new solutions.
✓ Native level Japanese language skills
✓ Communication level English language skills
✓ Experience with continuous deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins).
✓ Experience with service-oriented architectures or microservices and managing a highly- available, highly-scalable, and highly-secure system architecture.
✓ Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, content delivery networks), Web standards (such as REST APIs, Web security mechanisms) and security practices (such as encryption, certificates, key management).
✓ Hands on experience supporting database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
✓ Understanding of open source server software (such as Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elastic Search, Jetty).
✓ Experience in system administration tasks in Linux and/or Unix.
✓ Experience in scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.) and scheduling tools.