This position will provide technical support to leading apparel sellers in our growing fashion category to help them increase their sales.
- Many of these sellers require us to help them plan their next move based on the results of our big data analysis of sales trends and more. The Position project started with the development of scripts and SQL to extract large amounts of data from the site, followed by analysis, data linkage and integration (e.g., in Excel), creation of business reports, presentation of improvements, in-depth analysis, and the creation of automated scripts to increase work efficiency. You will be responsible for a series of tasks such as We will provide technical support to business operators by analyzing data such as customer demographics, purchased products, selling trends based on data on items on display and inventory, and provide appropriate consultancy services to business operators to help them select the next steps in merchandising, marketing, advertising and priority products for display.
We are looking for people with technical skills to accurately grasp the technical issues faced by sellers, technical persuasiveness to make proposals that will help sellers grow their business, an accurate understanding of requests from a sales perspective, balance, enjoy delivering results in response to a variety of challenges, and excellent communication skills. As English is the language of internal technical documents, the ability to decipher technical English texts and communicate with internal sales and marketing departments is also required.
Required skills, abilities and experience
1. on the technical side.
-Ability to use Excel functions and create Business Reports.
-Understand how databases work and be able to decode and customize SQL (preferably from scratch)
-Experience with BI tools and the ability to customize them (preferably at a level where you can set them up from scratch).
-Ability to integrate data from multiple analytical tools to produce the back data needed for reports and proposals (ideally with experience in performing routine operations).
If possible, be able to tackle problems that require Fermi estimation without resistance.
2. project management skills to be able to work smoothly on projects that span multiple departments. The ability to move things forward with a results-oriented approach rather than a process-oriented approach. 3.
3. experience in building e-commerce sites, or equivalent work experience and knowledge
4. experience in developing and executing marketing and merchandising strategies, or equivalent business knowledge
5. experience in consulting for business users
6. basic reading comprehension of professional texts written in English and basic English writing skills on technical matters
(7) A positive attitude to working for customers
8. communication skills to collaborate with relevant internal and external departments
We work closely with related internal departments (business managers, exhibitor business personnel, designers, marketing department, etc.) to maximize sales by executing the above tasks with the aim of improving efficiency and quality.
· BA/BS required
· Native-level Japanese, fluency in English desired
· Technical ability in using HTML, XML, SQL and Excel, plus the ability to learn in-house tools quickly
·3+ years of working experience on Internet technologies such as networking, databases, application servers, webservers, or programming
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segment recommendations
· Experience designing and executing online customer experiences
· Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
· Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Writing skills and e-commerce merchandising experience
· Bias for action, ability to prioritize and attention to detail
· Balanced communication skills: experience in coordinating teams and communicating to senior management