Our client is based in Tokyo and is a developer of large-scale (10 billion JPY +) solar power projects in Japan. They manage all aspects of project development including land acquisition, plant design and engineering, permitting, construction contract negotiation, and obtaining both debt/equity financing. They are looking to extend their business into development of offshore wind projects in Japan.
• Work with Engineering and support Finance to assess the cost of new technologies, using analytical tools.
• Offshore wind farm layout design and optimization using analytical software
• Manage external technical consultants to assess wind resources and create energy yield analysis reports
• Oversee install and manage data from site measurement stations
• Write RFQs for offshore wind farm system components and review quotes and invoices from suppliers and contractors.
• Negotiate PR guarantees with EPC contractors
• SCADA, monitoring system and security systems.
• O&M and asset management support
• Assist in wind turbine selection and quality assurance and control of offshore wind farm system components including QA/QC of wind turbines during manufacture and delivery.
• Support construction team to resolve technical and quality issues and review root cause analysis reports.
• Optimize performance of operational offshore wind farms through performance analytics
• Support the team whenever necessary
• Bachelor degree in mechanical Engineering. Wind energy design background is preferable
• Mechanical design experience is a must. Experience in offshore wind farm design is a plus
• minimum 5 years of experience in similar type of position, hands on experience
• strong sense of responsibility and commitment to the company's business
• good communication skill and excellent team player in the small organization
• English; proficient in reading, writing and speaking is a must
• Japanese language ability is a plus
• Ability to travel (usually day-trips) is required.
Report to: Head of Engineering team